Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Fashion Show

Bravo has announced their new reality series, The Fashion Show.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I think it has great potential,

"Fifteen professional designers will compete in this fashion creative competition series for a chance to have their designs sold in the retail market and win a $125,000 prize." (www.bravotv.com)

I like the idea of "retail market," sure Project Runway gives us some awesome fashion shows, but I feel like they lose touch with the public once they're off the show. Usually the PR winners end up with celebrity clients and/or people who are willing to pay for a custom garment. So, I think with this new show, it will be exciting to be able to buy the clothes, hopefully they are a reasonable price range.

The host will be the fabulous Isaac Mizrahi,uhh..maybe he can make a deal with target to sell the winner's line there ;). It will be exciting to see a successful designer hosting a show based on fashion design.

One thing I don't completely get though, Kelly Rowland being a judge on the show? Nothing against her but, I don't know...guess we'll have to see. The other judge is the senior vice president of IMG fashion Fern Mallis, who I remember being on Project Runway.


All the cast bios are available on Bravo's website, so you should check it out, I am reading all the designer bios as I do this now...


Anyway, the show airs Thursday, May 7th, at 10pm. Watch it! I can't wait :)

3 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

This sounds interesting...Bravo can come up with some great shows.

Ella Gregory said...

I'm kind of sick of fashion tv but isn't that the same netowrk that does The Rachel Zoe Project? So I'll give them a chance haha.

- said...

very interesting! I will watch it for sure